There are two issues of Doctor Who Magazine
published in April.
Issue 394 is out on the 3rd April 2008. It previews the first set of episodes of the new series including the previously unnamed Episode Five, The Poison Sky
. Episode Nine's title is also revealed as River's Run
A week later the Tenth Doctor Collected Comics
is released featuring full-colour comic strip stories written by Rob Davis, Dan McDaid and Jonathan Morris.
Press ReleaseCRIMINAL INTENTIONS IN DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE 394
Actress Sarah Lancashire speaks exclusively about playing the villain in Partners in Crime, the mysterious Miss Foster, in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine. "Miss Foster is, essentially, a nanny, a guardian, to some rather unusual children," explains Sarah. "I see her as a slightly warped Mary Poppins. She’s quite austere. She’s a strong woman. When I first read the script, I thought, oh, well, of course she’s a baddie… but the more I read it, I thought, no, she’s doing what she’s doing for legitimate reasons." Seriously? "Yes! You can’t blame her at all. Hers is perfectly reasonable behaviour"
Also this issue:
AMAZING DOCTOR WHO ADVENTURES IN THE TENTH DOCTOR COLLECTED COMICS!
- Doctor Who’s executive producers Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson answer the most probing of questions as DWM’s readers become the interviewers.
- Previews of the first five episodes of Series Four, Partners in Crime, The Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood and The Sontraran Stratagem/The Poison Sky, featuring new and previously unpublished photos!
- DWM interviews award-winning writer Steven Moffat who breaks his silence about his forthcoming two-parter, Silence in the Library/River’s Run.
- Russell T Davies reveals more of Series Four’s secrets in Production Notes.
- The Fact of Fiction visits a devastated Earth and uncovers the horrific truth behind The Sontaran Experiment.
- Actress Jacqueline King talks exclusively about her role as Donna’s mum in the new season.
- The Doctor experiences a holiday with a deadly difference in a brand new comic strip, Hotel Historia.Neil Harris recalls the great days of video tape in You Are Not Alone.
- Double trouble for the The Time Team as they watch the adventures of The Two Doctors.PLUS all the latest news, exclusive photos, reviews, previews, competitions and even more!
Collected together for the first time, these new adventures in time and space take the TARDIS into unexplored realms of adventure and excitement!
The Doctor and Martha attempt to save the doomed planet of Loam from destruction at the hands of gigantic monsters, then split up for a crazy adventure spanning Mars and an ordinary London bus! Then it’s off to meet legendary explorer Ernest Shackleton in the icy wastes of the Antarctic, before visiting an abandoned space base where a deadly plot is afoot.
Packed with 100 pages of thrills, scares and laughs, this Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition collects together four full-colour comic strip stories: THE WOMAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD, BUS STOP, THE FIRST and DEATH TO THE DOCTOR!
Featuring the writing talents of Rob Davis, Dan McDaid and Jonathan Morris, plus stunning artwork from Mike Collins (2000 AD), John Ross (Doctor Who Adventures), Martin Geraghty and Roger Langridge (The Fin Fang Four)!