The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine begins the story of the Fourteenth Doctor, David Tennant.
Although it will be a year until we see his TV adventures, the story continues in Doctor Who Magazine issue 584
A new comic-strip adventure, written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan, picks up directly where The Power of the Doctor left off.
Editor Marcus Hearn says
Russell T Davies, our new showrunner, has long admired the DWM strip. And that’s why he’s granted us the honour of telling the Fourteenth Doctor’s first story in an adventure that dovetails with the most recent episode. For the first time in our 43-year history, the strip is now in lockstep with the television series continuity.”
Russell T Davies says
From day one, I wanted to increase ties between the show and the magazine. I love it when we’re in sync! A lot of people will be thinking, David’s not the real Doctor, he’s a trick, an illusion, a flashback. But no. He’s real. And DWM can help us underline that.”
Other highlights of the new issue include:
- Meet the New Team – the producers, directors and other crew members of Doctor Who tell us what they’re looking forward to in the 2023 Specials and beyond.
- Letter from the Showrunner – in the first of his new regular columns, Russell T Davies reveals what brought him back to Doctor Who.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock provides exclusive updates about forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Reach up for the Sunrise – David Tennant, Russell T Davies, former showrunner Chris Chibnall, directors Rachel Talalay and Jamie Magnus Stone, and CG artist Ben Pickles describe shooting The Power of the Doctor’s regeneration sequence.
- The Strip of a Lifetime – Russell T Davies, Scott Handcock, Alan Barnes and Lee Sullivan on creating the Fourteenth Doctor’s first adventure.
- The Watchers – fans who were lucky enough to be granted studio visits in the 1960s and early 70s recall the thrill of watching Doctor Who being made.
- Hack to the Future – an interview with artist Robert Hack about the new illustrated version of David Whitaker’s seminal novel Doctor Who and the Daleks.
- Collectivity: The TARDIS – meet the fans for whom collecting police-box merchandise has been a lifelong passion
- Factory Records – the sets of 1966’s The Power of the Daleks are recreated, providing new insights into this mostly missing story.
- The Fact of Fiction encounters Cybermen and Daleks as it looks back at 2006’s Army of Ghosts.
- Other Worlds – an essential guide to forthcoming stories in the expanded Doctor Who universe.
· Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data and more.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 584 is on sale Thursday 10 November from panini.co.uk and WH Smith priced £6.99 (UK).
Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £5.99.