The Doctor Who Appreciation Society, DWAS, has published the 5th issue in the current run of TARDIS magazine.
TARDIS was one of the original Doctor fanzines, having been first published in 1975. A year later it became the primary journal of the newly formed Doctor Who Appreciation Society and continued as a fan favourite for many years.
This issue will support Hopefield Animal Sanctuary in Brentwood, a charity chosen by former Doctor Who companion Carole Ann Ford.
The magazine was relaunched by DWAS under its current editor, Robbie Dunlop in 2021. The latest issue runs to 64 colour A4 pages and its contents include:
- Interviews with Carole Ann Ford and John Gorrie
- The story of The Mind Robber’s Unicorn – specifically the horse!
- Peter Purves on his personal favourite story ‘The Massacre’
- Family members recall William Hartnell and Charles Parnall
- Martin Gower recalls the Timelash
- David J Howe unearths correspondence from John Lucarotti to Target Books
- Egyptologist John J Johnston on Pyramids of Mars
- Alex Moore on the career of director Frank Cox
- Laura Venegas charts Doctor Who broadcasts in Mexico
- Connections between Doctor Who and James Bond and Gary Russell on his starring role in ‘Octopussy’
- Christopher Hill examines merchandise from the 1960s
- A look at Terrance Dicks: A Celebration
- Gavin French charts the ins and outs of that Doctor Who fan institution – The Tavern
- Archive interviews with Michael Craze, William Emms and John Lucarotti
- Our new adventurers take on Paul Cornell’s Timewrym: Revelation
- Neil Cole takes us to the Museum of Classic Sci-Fi
- Ian Bresman remembers editing Celestial Toyroom
- Jez Strickley on seasonal exits and arrivals
- Mark Campbell takes a look at Philip Hinchcliffe’s novelisation of ‘The Keys of Marinus’
- Colin Howard discusses his new book ‘Timeslides’
- Nigel Robinson takes us with his latest Doctor Who quiz.