Doctor Who Magazine: Issue 588
Issue 588 of Doctor Who Magazine takes us back to Bannerman Road and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
The latest Magazine features a 28-page retrospective of every story in the much-loved spin-off from Doctor Who that ran from 2007-11 and starred Elisabeth Sladen.
Included are new interviews with stars Daniel Anthony, Tommy Knight and Anjli Mohindra, plus lead writer Phil Ford.
Other highlights of the new issue include:
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Five – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies on the return of The Sarah Jane Adventures to iPlayer, and the changes that had to be made.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report on the forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including exclusives from Russell T Davies, executive producer Phil Collinson and two of Doctor Who’s new directors.
- Visual Thinking – an interview with Siân Reynish, Doctor Who’s new VFX co-ordinator.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – from a giant maggot in 1973 to K9 in 1977, the latest instalment of this series tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction takes to the high seas as it looks back at the Eleventh Doctor adventure The Curse of the Black Spot.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to forthcoming stories in Doctor Who’s expanded universe.
· Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 588 is on sale Thursday 2 March from panini.co.uk and WH Smith priced £6.99 (UK).
Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £5.99.