The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine begins the story of the Fourteenth Doctor, David Tennant.
Although it will be a year until we see his TV adventures, the story continues in Doctor Who Magazine issue 584
A new comic-strip adventure, written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan, picks up directly where The Power of the Doctor left off.
Editor Marcus Hearn says
Russell T Davies says
Other highlights of the new issue include:
- Meet the New Team – the producers, directors and other crew members of Doctor Who tell us what they’re looking forward to in the 2023 Specials and beyond.
- Letter from the Showrunner – in the first of his new regular columns, Russell T Davies reveals what brought him back to Doctor Who.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock provides exclusive updates about forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Reach up for the Sunrise – David Tennant, Russell T Davies, former showrunner Chris Chibnall, directors Rachel Talalay and Jamie Magnus Stone, and CG artist Ben Pickles describe shooting The Power of the Doctor’s regeneration sequence.
- The Strip of a Lifetime – Russell T Davies, Scott Handcock, Alan Barnes and Lee Sullivan on creating the Fourteenth Doctor’s first adventure.
- The Watchers – fans who were lucky enough to be granted studio visits in the 1960s and early 70s recall the thrill of watching Doctor Who being made.
- Hack to the Future – an interview with artist Robert Hack about the new illustrated version of David Whitaker’s seminal novel Doctor Who and the Daleks.
- Collectivity: The TARDIS – meet the fans for whom collecting police-box merchandise has been a lifelong passion
- Factory Records – the sets of 1966’s The Power of the Daleks are recreated, providing new insights into this mostly missing story.
- The Fact of Fiction encounters Cybermen and Daleks as it looks back at 2006’s Army of Ghosts.
- Other Worlds – an essential guide to forthcoming stories in the expanded Doctor Who universe.
· Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data and more.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 584 is on sale Thursday 10 November from panini.co.uk and WH Smith priced £6.99 (UK).
Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £5.99.