This month's Doctor Who Magazine investigates how digital technology transformed Doctor Who.
Highlights of the new issue include:
- DWM charts the history of digital effects in Doctor Who from the 1970s to the most recent episodes.
- Dave Bannister and Andrew Robertson from VFX company DNEG describe their contributions to Flux.
- Digital matte artist Jim McCarthy discusses his work on Doctor Who in the 1980s.
- Interviews with the people who brought us some of the first Doctor Who computer games.
- The second installment of a two-part feature in which Ray Holman explains the background to his costume designs for Series 13.
- An interview with Frances White, who played Cassandra in 1965’s The Myth Makers.
- Composer Segun Akinola discusses the musical juxtaposition of romance and Daleks in the New Year’s Day Special.
- Tributes to renowned Target cover artist Chris Achilléos, who died on 6 December, and writer Bob Baker, who died away on 2 November.
- The Fact of Fiction revisits 2010’s The Beast Below.
- Public Image analyses the ratings for Flux.
- The Doctor Who Magazine Christmas Quiz answers.
- Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 573 is on sale from panini.co.uk and WH Smith from Thursday 6 Januarypriced £5.99 (UK).
Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £4.99.