The second issue in a new series of bookazines, Doctor Who: Chronicles, has been released by the makers of Doctor Who Magazine.
This issue takes us back to 1975
Tom Baker’s debut came as a shock to some critics and even regular viewers, but his charismatic portrayal of the Doctor soon propelled the series to new heights of popularity. In 1975 Doctor Who attracted both critical acclaim and controversy in stories that many regard as the benchmark for everything that would follow.
This 116-page bookazine includes newly discovered images and all-new features, including:
- A summary of the year’s most significant events in the Doctor Who universe (both on and off screen)
- Highlights of the memorabilia released in 1975
- Tom Baker’s column for Reveille!
- Dr Where and other spoofs
- The story behind the ‘lost’ radio interview with Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen and Ian Marter
- Doctor Who in the popular press
- Archive rarities, including director Christopher Barry’s notebooks, the BBC’s Audience Research Reports, concept artwork from The Sontaran Experiment and unused props created for Pyramids of Mars
- The Doctor Who and Dalek annuals
- The Doctor Who Monster Book and other Target publications
- Special effects and production techniques
- Overviews of Robot, The Ark in Space, The Sontaran Experiment, Genesis of the Daleks, Revenge of the Cybermen, Terror of the Zygons, Planet of Evil, Pyramids of Mars and The Android Invasion
And much more!