The 2019 Doctor Who Fan Art Competition, gives fans an opportunity to see their own work on a Doctor Who t-shirt, with a limited quantity available for purchase at the BBC AMERICA booth at San Diego Comic-Con.
Entrants can create anything from a candy mosaic of Tom Baker to a bowtie collage of Matt Smith. The competition closes on 15th May 2019 at 1200 GMT
A panel of judges will select one grand prize winner and four runner-up artists. The grand prize winner and a guest will receive an exclusive Doctor Who-themed weekend trip to London, which includes:
- Two nights accommodation and return economy flights from a major airport near the winner's residence to London, UK
- Special afternoon tea for two
- Doctor Who Escape Room activity in Reading, England
- Exclusive private screening of the fan’s favourite Doctor Who episode
- Having their artwork printed on limited-edition Doctor Who merchandise sold at San Diego Comic-Con
- Receiving a goody bag including iconic Doctor Who merchandise
- Have their artwork printed on official, limited-edition Doctor Who merchandise sold at San Diego Comic-Con
- Receive a goody bag including iconic Doctor Who merchandise
- Artwork must feature both the TARDIS and one Doctor *
- The Artwork may also, at the entrant’s discretion, include a background texture, splash of colour or other abstract background design, but must not feature any other design element, including (without limit) any other Doctor, character, companion, monster, robot, prop, location, building or branding element (including third party brand names and logos), whether from the Doctor Who universe or otherwise.
- Artwork can be created in any two-dimensional medium and any colour.
- Artwork must not include identifiers such as the entrant’s name, signature, image, likeness or any other identifier, or any reference to Comic-Con.
Full details on BBC Studios Website
The competition is open to legal residents of Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), who at the time of entry are at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (whichever is higher). The grand prize winner and four finalists will be revealed at the BBC AMERICA booth during San Diego Comic-Con in July.