As well as the seven stories from the season, the set will also include the Christmas spin-off special, K9 & Company.
As with the previous release of Season Twelve and the imminent release of Season Nineteen, this new collection will feature a host of new features to supplement the remastered high-definition upscaled episodes themselves:
- revealing new 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward and Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)
- rare behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circle and Logopolis
- surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
- new special effects for Logopolis, including new especially shot footage at the originally planned but ultimately unused University of Manchester’s Jodrell Bank Observatory for the Pharos Project location
- a new Making-Of documentary for Logopolis
- eight more editions of Behind The Sofa
- brand new documentaries The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
- a new interview with K9 & Company’s Ian Sears
- another dip into the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
- HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs
- plus extensive features previously released on DVD
The material has been remastered by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres, with packaging/artwork by Lee Binding; the set will also feature a booklet by new series writer and content consultant Pete McTighe.
Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 18 is currently scheduled for the UK on 25th February 2019, though as with the previous volumes the date may change before its intended release.
You can pre-order the set from our Amazon Shop.