Steven Moffat tells DWM
I asked [Russell] why he was doing a novelisation, and he said, ‘Because when we’re very old, this will matter more to us than the show.’ Well, fair enough. But also, The Day of the Doctor was such a monster of a show to do, and almost certainly the biggest success I’ll ever have – so I wasn’t letting someone else do the final lap!Also in this issue...
- RUSSELL T DAVIES The former showrunner returns to write this issue’s Production Notes column.
- GALLIFREY ONE Inside the Los Angeles convention that’s renowned as one of the greatest Doctor Who events in the world.
- DOCTOR WHO INFINITY An exclusive preview of the ambitious new game starring Michelle Gomez as Missy and Ingrid Oliver as Osgood.
- OUT OF THE TARDIS Impressionist and Doctor Who fan Jon Culshaw answers randomly selected questions from the TARDIS tin.
- PETER MILES The life and career of the actor who played Nyder in the classic 1975 story Genesis of the Daleks.
- BBC RECORDS & TAPES All the Doctor Who releases from the record company run by the BBC from the late 1960s to the early 1990s.
- DOCTOR WHO LOGOS The untold story behind the creation of Doctor Who’s 2010-17 logo.
- KLAUS JOYNSON The DJ and drummer is interviewed about his remarkable Doctor Who-themed album New Adventures in Time & Space.
- COSPLAY Christel Dee’s guide to cosplaying the Doctor’s distinctive orange spacesuit.
- THE FACT OF FICTION Exploring the hidden depths to the 2015 story Sleep No More.
- THE CLOCKWISE WAR Part one of a new comic strip adventure written by Scott Gray and illustrated by John Ross.
Doctor Who Magazine 524 is on sale now, price £5.99.