Exclusive previews will be shown in eight towns and cities in northern England.
Kicking off in Hartlepool on December 14, the Christmas tour will visit York, Hull, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Salford and Durham, before finishing in Bradford on December 22.
Ticket holders will be able to pose on the BBC red carpet alongside props from the shows, including Daleks and the TARDIS.
David Bradley said:
It’s really exciting that Doctor Who fans in the north of England have the opportunity to see the Christmas special first. I really enjoyed playing the First Doctor and as I’m from Yorkshire, it’s extra special to me that the screenings are taking place in the north.The ballot to apply for tickets to these exclusive previews closes this Sunday, 3 December. TTo apply visit the BBC Shows and Tours website. Tickets will be allocated via a random draw with 45% going to local postcodes, 45% going to the surrounding county and 10% to the rest of the UK.
The Doctor Who Screenings will be as follows
- Thursday 14 December - Hartlepool Town Hall - 7pm
- Friday 15 December - The Guild Hall, York – 7pm
- Saturday 16 December - Jubilee Church, Hull - 7pm & 8.30pm
- Sunday 17 December = St Nicholas Cathedral, Newcastle - 7pm & 8.30pm
- Monday 18 December - The Middlesbrough Empire - 7pm & 8.30pm
- Tuesday 19 December - Dock 10, MediaCityUK, Salford – 7pm & 8.30pm
- Wednesday 20 December - Durham School - 7pm & 8.30pm
- Friday 22 December - Old Odeon, Bradford - 7pm & 8.30pm