The Doctor has always challenged the linear conception of time. Since his television voyage began in 1963, the TARDIS has travelled backwards, forwards and even sideways through the mysterious Vortex.
Highlights of the all-new articles include:
- Frankenstein vs the Daleks – a look at Terry Nation’s first draft of The Chase
- Original Evil – David Whitaker’s story treatment for The Evil of the Daleks
- The Gamble With Time – the complex pre-production of City of Death
- Creating Angels – a visit to the churchyard that helped to inspire the Weeping Angels
- River’s Run – unraveling the complex chronology of River Song’s relationship with the Doctor
Editor Marcus Hearn says:
This is a fresh take on a vast and potentially challenging subject. Everyone in this issue has done a great job, coming up with new facts and theories about stories I thought I knew inside out. If you’ve ever wanted to know more about the Blinovitch Limitation Effect or the Bootstrap Paradox, then look no further!The Essential Doctor Who: Time Travel is on sale now price £9.99.