The TARDIS doesn’t just travel through time – stories set in space have been an essential part of Doctor Who for six decades. The inhospitable void between the stars has served as the backdrop to epic space operas and nerve-racking thrillers, while harboring some of the most fearsome adversaries the Doctor has ever encountered.
Panini’s latest entry in the Essential Doctor Who series navigates a revealing course through the space lanes of Doctor Who, with all-new articles, rare images and exclusive interviews with:
- Bob Baker (co-writer of The Three Doctors, The Invisible Enemy and many more)
- Nick Bullen (costume designer for The Space Pirates)
- Jamie Mathieson (writer of Oxygen)
- Pat Mills (comics legend and co-writer of The Song of the Space Whale)
- Hayley Nebauer (costume designer for the 2017 series)
- Louise Page (costume designer for the Ninth and Tenth Doctors)
- Charles Palmer (director of Oxygen)
- Sid Sutton (Doctor Who title sequence designer)
Editor Marcus Hearn says:
Oxygen showed that space is one of the most hostile environments the Doctor has ever visited. This issue goes behind the scenes on that episode, and many of the preceding stories that belong in the same tradition. Bring a smartsuit – it’s dangerous out there!The Essential Doctor Who: Adventures in Space is on sale now price £9.99.