At the time of writing, there's six hours to go before Doctor Who is broadcast in the United Kingdom, but in the meantime the BBC have released a wealth of videos to promote the episode:
Predict the Ratings Competition
It's time for our 'legendary' Predict the Ratings competition, which this year will give readers the chance to win The Return of Doctor Mysterio on DVD/Bluray upon its release, plus a copy of the BBC Book The Whoniverse by Justin Richards and George Mann.
As always, the aim is to predict the final consolidated viewing figure for The Return of Doctor Mysterio as reported by BARB, to the nearest 10,000 viewers (i.e. two decimal places). In addition, we'd like you to predict Doctor Who's position in the weekly chart (which will be used in the case of a tie-break).
To enter our competition, please send the following details to email@example.com:
- Your name and preferred email address
- Your country of entry (full details will be requested only if you are the winner)
- Your guess at the final viewing figure to the nearest 10,000 (eg.9.99m)
- Your guess at the final position in the chart (eg. 1st) - this will only be used in the event of a tie-break
- The competition closes at 08:30 GMT, 26th December 2016.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- The competition is open worldwide.
- BARB final figures are expected in early 2016; we will contact the winner once they have been published.