Doctor Who Magazine 507 features new companion Nardole who returns in this year’s Christmas Special and for the 2017 series.
Matt Lucas chats to DWM in a rare and exclusive interview
Some people say, ‘I quite liked Nardole, but why does he need to come back?’ Well, there is an answer. I can’t tell you why he needs to come back, but I can tell you that he does need to come back. There’s a job that needs to be done, and it’s not a job that the Doctor can do on his own. Nardole is there to help him. It’ll all become clear.You can read the full interview inside the new magazine...
ALSO INSIDE THIS ISSUE…
- THE RETURN OF DOCTOR MYSTERIO DWM previews the amazing new Christmas Special!
- MEET THE GHOST A chat with the man behind the mask – Justin Chatwin, who plays The Ghost in the Christmas episode!
- ASK STEVEN Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers' questions.
- THE POWER OF THE DOCTOR DWM takes an in-depth look at the Doctor’s superhero credentials.
- REVIEW OF THE YEAR 2016 Despite the lack of series on TV, 2016 has still been a year to remember in the world of Doctor Who...
- THE FEAST OF STEVEN Why the Doctor took a week off from fighting Daleks in 1965 to engage in some slapstick comedy…
- PINBALL WIZARDS! 24 years after it launched, the Doctor Who pinball table has returned in digital form.
- BE FORGOT A brand-new comic strip adventure, written by Mark Wright and illustrated by Mike Collins.
- TIME TEAM There’s a double helping this issue as our team watches The Sarah Jane Adventures episode The Death of the Doctor, and the 2010 Special A Christmas Carol.
- THE RUNAWAY BRIDE Writer Russell T Davies reveals fascinating new facts about the 2006 Christmas Special in this issue’s Fact of Fiction.
- THE POWER OF THE DALEKS DWM reviews the recent DVD release of the animated edition of the 1966 classic, The Power of the Daleks.
- STOCKING FILLERS A review of all the Who goodies which make perfect Christmas gifts.
- COMING SOON Previews of all the latest Doctor Who CD and book releases.
- WOTCHA The Watcher ponders the Reset Button...
Doctor Who Magazine 507 is on sale now, price £5.99, with a GIGANTIC FREE POSTER!
The Doctor Who Magazine Yearbook 2017 is a 100-page special edition, packed with all-new content.
There are exclusive interviews with the cast of the recent spin-off Class and the crew of the 2017 series of Doctor Who. The director and costume designer of Friend from the Future describe the making of the mini-episode, and there is an extensive section of tributes to Doctor Who luminaries who passed away during 2016.
Elsewhere there are round-ups up the year’s Doctor Who-related books, records and Big Finish releases, along with a report from November’s launch event for the new Power of the Daleks animation.
Editor Marcus Hearn says:
Even though there wasn’t a new television series in 2016, Doctor Who never stands still. This is our review of the year, and there’s been so much activity – from the BBC, its licensees and the fan community – that we’ve had a job squeezing it all in!Doctor Who Magazine Special: The 2017 Yearbook is on sale now, price £5.99.