The new 5 inch figure series has been created in response to the demand from Doctor Who fans who are eager to see the return of the larger format. It will include:
- Clara Oswald (played By Jenna Coleman) – the most recent time travelling companion of The Doctor
- Rose Tyler (played By Billie Piper) with K9
- Amy Pond (played by Karen Gillan) in her famed police outfit
- Three separate Eleventh Doctor figures (played by Matt Smith): One in purple Jacket , another donning a cowboy hat as in Doctor Who - A Christmas Carol, and finally a classically posed Eleventh Doctor with a his ubiquitous Sonic device
- Four versions of the current and Twelfth Doctor (played by Peter Capaldi) are also part of the line-up. Known for being a rather dapper Time Lord, there is a choice of figure in White, Black, Purple or Polka Dot shirt.
- And last but definitely not least a brand new Eighth Doctor figure (played by Paul McGann) and as seen in the episode Night of The Doctor. The Eighth Doctor has never before been released individually in the 5 inch figure format.
Al Dewar, Product Development Director, Character Options commented:
This collector’s series is really special. The fans have been requesting a return to the 5.5 inch format for a long time and in producing this collection I feel we have brought to them exactly what they have been demanding. The most exciting part for me however, is the creation of the Eighth Doctor figure, which is often seen as the missing piece for the true Doctor Who collector.Mike Coogan, Marketing & eCommerce Director, Toy “R” Us further commented:
Toy “R” Us has a particular affinity with the Doctor Who fan and each year we like to bring to them something that they could not get anywhere else. This new series is exceptional and I believe one of the most comprehensive collector’s series to date - It will be an instant hit with all collectors.