Episode writer Peter Harness tells the Magazine
There was a certain amount of fan outrage when Death in Heaven saw the apparent death of Osgood. Ingrid Oliver’s character was an instant hit on her first appearance in The Day of the Doctor. While there may not have been questions asked in Parliament about her death, there were definitely some furious tweets on the subject! But now she’s back...And, of course, the Zygons are back too.
One thing I really had in my head when I was writing it was the Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and I think that's why it originally had the title Invasion of the Zygons. I thought that if aliens wanted to fight us and they were fighting us from a position of weakness, they would look at how we fight wars. The Zygons are not only stealing our faces, but they’re stealing the ways in which we fight each other nowadaysAlso inside the 92 page issue
- THE GIRL WHO DIED & THE WOMAN WHO LIVED DWM looks ahead to the brand new episodes The Girl Who Died and The Woman Who Lived and talks exclusively with writers Jamie Mathieson and Catherine Tregenna.
- THE SECRET OF DAVROS Showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ questions about the series’ opening two-parter, and explains why Davros is unlike any other villain.
- BACK TO SKARO DWM goes behind the scenes of The Magician's Apprentice and The Witch's Familiar to discover how the planet Skaro was resurrected, with insights from Dalek voice actor Nicholas Briggs and writer Steven Moffat.
- GHOST WRITER In an extensive interview, writer Toby Whithouse talks in-depth about his recent episodes Under the Lake and Before the Flood.
- WHO’S MAGIC? Excited by the new series, Jacqueline Rayner reflects on The Magician’s Apprentice and celebrates the magic of Doctor Who in her column, Relative Dimensions.
- MONSTERS OF THE MILLENNIUM Prosthetic effects supervisor Kate Walshe of Millennium FX talks exclusively to DWM about her team's creations for the latest series, including Davros, Colony Sarff and the Fisher King.
- DOCTOR DOOM DWM talks to Eighth Doctor Paul McGann about his biggest Doctor Who adventure to date: Doom Coalition!
- THE WAR GAMES The Fact of Fiction explores the second half of The War Games, the landmark Second Doctor story which introduced the Time Lords.
- FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE There's comic strip action in a terrifying new adventure for the Doctor and Clara: The Highgate Horror, by Mark Wright, illustrated by David A Roach and James Offredi.
- THE DWM REVIEW DWM reviews the first four episodes of the latest series: The Magician’s Apprentice & The Witch's Familiar and Under the Lake & Before the Flood. Plus the latest books and audios are put under the spotlight.
- COMING SOON All the latest Doctor Who merchandise releases, including – at last! – the DVD release of 1967's The Underwater Menace. PLUS! All the latest official news, competitions, Wotcha! and The DWM Crossword.