Writer and actor Mark Gatiss will be appearing on the Friday of the three day event, which takes place at London's Excel Centre, in November.
Also joining the line up is guest Nicholas Briggs, voice of the Daleks and Big Finish stalwart, as well as presentations from Real SFX LTD and Millennium FX, the companies that supply the Special Effects and Prosthetics for the series.
- Meet the cast panel led session. Featuring the Doctor himself, Peter Capaldi and stars of the latest series, Michelle Gomez and Ingrid Oliver
- Meet the Writers – led by Steven Moffat and featuring the Series 9 writers including Mark Gatiss on Friday only
- Special effects supervisor Danny Hargreaves and his team at SFX reveal the tricks of their trade in a live show.
- Millennium FX reveal their trade secrets as they show how a monster is created, from the beginning briefing stages to the creation itself
- A display of costumes and props featured in the latest Doctor Who series
- Experience a day in the life of a production member. Try your hand at a variety of jobs that go into producing a series for Doctor Who
- Learn the techniques and secrets the actors use in the filming of Doctor Who
- Show off your best Doctor Who cosplay outfits at the Doctor Who Festival Cosplay showcase.
- Think you’re the ultimate Doctor Who fan? Test your Doctor Who knowledge in the Doctor Who Festival’s specially-themed fan challenges