The BBC have also confirmed that photo opportunities* will be available with Peter Capaldi, Ingrid Oliver and Michelle Gomez, plus the opportunity to have a photo taken on the set from Series 9. NB: Photos opportunities are subject to availability and will need to be purchased in advance of the Festival via the website.
In a weekend event like no other, television fans of all ages will be invited to see how one of the UK’s most-loved television programmes is created. Ticket holders will be able to discover the inspiration behind the Doctor’s recent adversaries, the imagination required to create whole new worlds and the ingenuity that goes into designing and making the beautiful backdrops that give Doctor Who its unique look. This Festival is a must-attend event for die-hard Doctor Who fans and for those who want to learn more about television production, with many, many more exciting announcements to come.Included in the ticket price price
- THEATRE SHOWS –see the writers and cast from the series as they talk about how to make an idea become reality on a series as big and bold as Doctor Who.
- WARDROBE DEPARTMENT – a display of costumes and props from the series.
- COSPLAYERS SHOWCASE - fans can showcase their impressive Doctor Who-themed outfits.
- THE FAN CHALLENGE! –fans young and old can test their knowledge of Doctor Who.
- DRAMA SCHOOL - the techniques and secrets that the cast learn when filming Doctor Who.
- OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE - the official fan shopping area.
- PRODUCTION VILLAGE – a chance for fans to understand what it takes to film a scene in Doctor Who.
- PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES - an opportunity for fans to purchase an individual photograph with the current cast members appearing.
As announced last week Doctor Who Festival will also be coming to Australia a week after on 21st-22nd November 2015. Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat will also be attending the Australian event.