I really wanted to do a Cyberman story because they were always my favourites when I was a kid, and I was quite surprised that one way or another I'd never used them in any of my own scripts, except as supporting characters. So I wanted to do a proper scary one...
Also in this issue:
- Extensive previews of episodes 9 to 12 of the new series – Flatline, In the Forest of the Night, Dark Water and Death in Heaven. DWM talks exclusively to writers Jamie Mathieson, Frank Cottrell Boyce and Steven Moffat.
- DWM interviews Samuel Anderson, aka Danny Pink.
- Steven Moffat answers readers’ questions in his exclusive column.
- DWM talks to Derrick Sherwin, Doctor Who's producer in the late 1960s.
- Kill the Moon writer Peter Harness talks in depth about the script for his episode.
- Reviews of the latest TV adventures: Time Heist, The Caretaker, Kill the Moon and Mummy on the Orient Express.
- DWM talks to the stars of the eighth Doctor's latest audio series, Dark Eyes 3, including Paul McGann, Alex Macqueen and Georgia Moffett.
- The Doctor and Clara’s comic strip adventures continue in The Eye of Torment written by Scott Gray, illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
- The Time Team comment on the 2008 Tenth Doctor episode The Stolen Earth.
- Jacqueline Rayner writes about the different ways of watching new episodes in Relative Dimensions.
- The results of the DWM 2013 Merchandise Poll are revealed.
- The Watcher tackles the controversial subject of last-minute edits in Wotcha!
- The DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!