I don’t know how I’ll feel when they say, ‘And that’s a wrap for Mr Skinner. I’m sure I’ll go through a mix of emotions. When footballers are in cup finals, the managers always say, ‘Savour every moment,’ and that’s what I’m doing. Every moment is ‘wowee’!
Also in this issue:
- Extensive previews of Episodes 5 to 8 of the new series – Time Heist, The Caretaker, Kill the Moon and Mummy on the Orient Express. DWM talks exclusively to writers Steven Moffat, Stephen Thompson, Gareth Roberts, Peter Harness and Jamie Mathieson.
- Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ questions in his exclusive column.
- DWM talks to Billy Hanshaw, the man who inspired the brand new title sequence for this year’s series of Doctor Who.
- DWM investigates the nature of ‘spoilers’ and asks if they really spoil anything?
- Into the Dalek writer Phil Ford talks about getting to know a Dalek from the inside out!
- In-depth reviews the twelfth Doctor’s first four adventures: Deep Breath, Into the Dalek, Robot of Sherwood and Listen.
- As audio company Big Finish celebrates its 15th anniversary with an epic audio adventure, The Worlds of Doctor Who, DWM talks to its stars including Colin Baker, Louise Jameson, Lalla Ward, Christopher Benjamin, Trevor Baxter and Jamie Glover.
- The Doctor and Clara’s comic strip adventures continue in The Eye of Torment written by Scott Gray, illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
- The Time Team comment on the 2008 Tenth Doctor adventure Turn Left.
- Jacqueline Rayner finds unexpected inspiration for her Relative Dimensions column at the breakfast table...
- A look back at August’s Doctor Who World Tour which saw Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman travel round the globe to promote the new series.
- The Watcher eloquently explains why Doctor Who belongs in the Autumn in Wotcha!
- The DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!
Doctor Who Magazine issue 478 is out now.