The stories will be shown together at the Prince Charles Cinema in London on Saturday 22nd February from 11:15am, and will also include a 45-minute Q&A session, chaired by Toby Hadoke, with cast members from the stories and a member of the Troughton family.
Fiona Eastwood, Director of Consumer Products at BBC Worldwide, said:
The recovery of these missing stories was undoubtedly a high point for BBC Worldwide and Doctor Who fans around the world last year, and we hope there will be more to come. We’re delighted that we’ve been able to make both of these stories available and the marathon screening at the Prince Charles Cinema is a great moment for Doctor Who fans to come together and celebrate their recovery.
Paul Vickery, Head Programmer at the Prince Charles Cinema said:
I couldn't be more proud to be part of this one-off experience - as a cinema, it's a dream come true for us to finally have the Doctor fill our screen and delight audiences and fans of the show. As a HUGE fan of the series I'll be there too, front row-centre. I’m very excited about having the opportunity to revisit these incredible episodes in a truly unique way… on the big-screen. It's sure to be one of those events for the PCC history books and I for one can't wait.
Dick Fiddy, Missing Believed Wiped Co-ordinator at the BFI, added:
These finds are truly significant, offering a further opportunity to re-visit the Patrick Troughton era. The recovery of these episodes indicates the possibility that more episodes are out there somewhere awaiting re-discovery – a mouth-watering prospect for all Doctor Who fans and those interested generally in the recovery of missing UK television programmes.
Tickets go on sale from 9:00am on Friday 14th February via this link, priced at £14 (£11.50 members).
UPDATE - 8pm, 14th FEBRUARY: The event has now sold out.