have announced that Season 26
will be the next instalment in the DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION
Released on Monday 23rd December
is the acclaimed final season from the series’ original run, starring Sylvester McCoy
and Sophie Aldred
: Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 26
- GHOST LIGHT
- THE CURSE OF FENRIC
In 1989, Doctor Who was on a creative high, with the Seventh Doctor and his companion Ace revitalising the programme for a new generation. Season 26 featured four epic adventures traversing a future Britain invaded by inter-dimensional knights, a strange Victorian house haunted by ghosts from Ace’s past, an alien world populated by Cheetah People and a 1940s army camp under siege from monstrous vampires.
With guest stars including Nicholas Courtney
(Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart), Anthony Ainley
(The Master), Jean Marsh
, Nicholas Parsons
, Anne Reid
, Ian Hogg
, Sylvia Syms
and comedy duo Hale & Pace
, this fondly-remembered set of stories saw the end of an era for Doctor Who, and set the stage for its hugely successful revival.
With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features including: Rare Restored Extended Cuts
5.1 surround sound & isolated scores
- The Curse of Fenric VHS Extended Version
- The Curse of Fenric DVD Special Edition
- Battlefield VHS Extended Version
- Battlefield DVD Special Edition
Behind the Sofa
- On all 14 broadcast episodes, plus 5.1 sound on all extended versions of The Curse Of Fenric and Battlefield.
Showman - the Life of John Nathan-Turner
- New episodes with Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, plus companions Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Anneke Wills and Jodie-Whittaker-era writers Pete McTighe & Joy Wilkinson.
Making ‘The Curse of Fenric’
- A feature-length look at the life and career of Doctor Who’s longest-serving producer, who fought to keep the programme on-air during the 1980s. Contributors include Peter Davison and Colin Baker.
- A brand new documentary featuring Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Tomek Bork, Nicholas Parsons, Cory Pulman, Marek Anton, Ian Briggs, Andrew Cartmel, Mark Ayres and Ian Collins featuring unseen behind-the-scenes footage and photographs.
The Writers’ Room
- Matthew Sweet chats to companion Sophie Aldred.
Becoming The Destroyer
- Ben Aaronovitch, Marc Platt, Ian Briggs, Rona Munro and Andrew Cartmel discuss their work on Season 26.
- Actor Marek Anton and prosthetics designer Stephen Mansfield recall the creation of one of Doctor Who’s best ever monsters.
The seven-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD. Pre-order on Amazon
On Saturday 23rd November
, the BFI Southbank will be screening Doctor Who: The Curse of Fenric
(from the Special Edition Blu-ray) and holding a Q&A with actor Sophie Aldred and script editor Andrew Cartmel. Tickets are available from the BFI on the following dates:
- Monday 16th September – BFI Patrons and Champions
- Tuesday 17th September – BFI Members
- Tuesday 24th September – public booking