The collection was first released in 2018 and quickly sold out, despite technical problems with one of the discs, leading to copies being exchanged for highly inflated ammounts on resale sites. The re-release by BBC Studios will bring the total number of copies into line with other seasons in the classic collection.
The second edition of Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 12 will be released on 2nd March 2020, and is now available to pre-order on Amazon
All content, extras and artwork will remain the same as the 1st edition.
Season 12 features five stories over 20 episodes, including The Ark in Space and Genesis of the Daleks. The Doctor is accompanied by Sarah Jane Smith (Elizabeth Sladen) and Harry Sullivan (Ian Marter) and was first broadcast on the BBC between December 1974 and May 1975.
Bonus material includes:
- TOM BAKER IN CONVERSATION A candid new one-hour interview with the Fourth Doctor.
- BEHIND THE SOFA Classic clips from Season 12, viewed by Tom Baker, Philip Hinchcliffe, Louise Jameson, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Sadie Miller
- NEW MAKING-OF DOCUMENTARIES For The Sontaran Experiment and Revenge of the Cybermen
- IMMERSIVE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIXES For The Ark in Space and Genesis of the Daleks
- OPTIONAL BRAND NEW UPDATED SPECIAL EFFECTS For Revenge of the Cybermen
- GENESIS OF THE DALEKS - OMNIBUS MOVIE VERSION Unseen since broadcast in 1975
- THE TOM BAKER YEARS The 1991 VHS release, on disc for the first time
- PRODUCTION ARCHIVE MATERIAL
- PDF files from the BBC Archives