Speaking on his feelings about working on his last series for the show, Steven Moffat says:
When I agreed to do one more run, I thought, ‘Sod it, I’m not doing the march to the scaffold. I want it to feel like a brand new show. I want it to feel like Episode 1 of a new series. I want to leave like it’s all just beginning.
Speaking about the casting of Pearl Mackie, casting director Andy Pryor says:
Pearl has this sort of boldness, and an ability to tap into the humour of the part without making it an overtly comic performance. From the word go, she made the part her own. She found things in the part that none of us had envisaged, and she made Bill a rounded person.
Also inside this issue:
- CONCEPT ART: DWM comic artist Mike Collins reveals the secrets of his work storyboarding TV Doctor Who!
- MARVEL FILES: A fascinating insight into the early correspondence between Doctor Who Magazine and BBC Enterprises.
- THE PESTILENT HEART: Part 2 of a brand-new comic strip adventure, The Pestilent Heart, written by Mark Wright and illustrated by Mike Collins.
- RELATIVELY SPEAKING: Jacqueline Rayner bows out with her final Relative Dimensions column.
- TIME TEAM: The Time Team attempt to distinguish dream and reality as they watch the 2010 episode, Amy's Choice.
- FRONTIER IN SPACE: War breaks out in space, in this issue’s Fact of Fiction, which covers the 1973 Third Doctor adventure Frontier in Space.
- COMING SOON: DWM previews all the latest Doctor Who CD and book releases.
PLUS! All the latest official news, reviews, competitions, The DWM Crossword... and a MASSIVE poster and FOUR more art cards!