The new Doctor Who Magazine (out 17th November) visits Christmas, with an exclusive, in-depth interview with Doctor Who’s producer, Marcus Wilson:
Also this issue:
It’s Christmas turned up to 12. It’s the most Christmassy Christmas Special we’ve ever seen. It’s a lovely, heart-warming, touching tale. It’s literally magical. It’s full of the usual concoction of things that spew out of Steven’s imagination. You’re going, ‘How can you have that and that in the same story?’ – and yet it works...
Also this issue:
- Holding the Baby - DWM talks to Closing Time director, Steve Hughes, who reveals the secrets of turning a department store into a haunted house, giving the Cybermats teeth, and defending the honour of Adric!
- Like Father, Like Son - DWM goes behind the scenes of Serpent Crest, AudioGO’s latest series of audio dramas featuring Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, and talks exclusively to David Troughton – who joins the cast to take on his father’s role as the Second Doctor!
- Here's to the Future! - Executive producer Steven Moffat writes about experiencing Christmas in the snow, his plans for Doctor Who in 2012, and the series’ 50th anniversary, in Production Notes!
- School Winners! - DWM joins the crew of Doctor Who Confidential and visits the pupils of Oakley Junior School to meet Matt Smith and watch their winning entry for the ‘Script to Screen’ competition, Death is the only Answer – featuring Albert Einstein and an Ood!
- And the Winners Are ... - The results of the DWM merchandise poll for the most popular books, audios, and DVDs of 2010 are revealed at last – along with your views on DWM itself!
- Shock Return - The Fact of Fiction is filled with fascinating facts and sinister Cybermen, as it focuses its attention on the much-loved Fifth Doctor adventure from 1982, Earthshock!
- Let's have a Party ... or not? - As the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who approaches in 2013, how best to mark the occasion – celebrate the past with a multi-Doctor extravaganza or pave the way to the future with something new, original and completely unexpected? There’s only one way to decide… get debating duo Toby Hadoke and Johnny Candon to argue the toss in A Battle of Wits!
- The Child of Time - The Doctor, Amy and Alan Turing face their ultimate encounter with the time-twisting Chiyoko in the thrilling climax to the Eleventh Doctor’s latest comic-strip adventure, The Child of Time by Jonathan Morris with art by Martin Geraghty.
- Going Fourth - It’s the season that saw the return of the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Sontarans... and the very first appearance of Davros! Discover more as DWM’s Countdown to 50 looks back at 1974/5’s Series Twelve and the debut of Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor.
- It's all been fantastic! - The Time Team shed a tear as they reach the end of the Ninth Doctor era with The Parting of the Ways – what will Emma, Michael, Chris and Will make of the Time Lord’s encounter with the Dalek Emperor and the Bad Wolf?