In the interview, the actor reflects on the role that changed his life.
You know, Doctor Who is nothing to do with science fiction. It’s nothing to do with anything. It’s a bit like religion really, in that all you have to do is believe it. And I can believe any old nonsense.Also in this issue 826
- ROGER MURRAY-LEACH An extensive interview with the production designer who achieved the impossible on Season 12 of Doctor Who.
- THE HOLMES MASTER PLAN How Season 12 script editor Robert Holmes created a storytelling formula that continues to influence the modern series.
- KEVIN LINDSAY The life and career of the Australian actor who played Styre in Season 12’s The Sontaran Experiment.
- BREWING UP The untold story of how Doctor Who led a marketing campaign for tea bags in 1976.
- GEORGIA TENNANT The actress talks about how her life has changed since she made her Doctor Who debut – and met her future husband – in 2008.
- JESSICA MARTIN Jessica talks about illustrating her character Mags (from The Greatest Show in the Galaxy) for a new Seventh Doctor comic.
- NEW FACES The second part of a series looking at how new Doctors have been introduced to the public.
- THE TIME TEAM It’s hankies at the ready as the Time Team watch tearjerking episodes from 1982, 2006 and 2010.
- THE CLOCKWISE WAR Part Three of a new comic strip adventure written by Scott Gray and illustrated by John Ross.
Doctor Who Magazine 526 is on sale from Thursday 31 May, price £5.99.