Friday, 7 December 2012 - Reported by Chuck Foster
The latest Christmas Special, The Snowmen, is extensively previewed, featuring new photos from the adventure, and revealing hints from writer Steven Moffat and producer Marcus Wilson. Plus, new sidekick Jenna-Louise Coleman tells the magazine of her role:
She's this mysterious girl, and the Doctor can't quite put his finger on what it is about her. It's the same for her, because he's this mystery man who's landed in a blue box...Also in this issue:
- The Doctor's Gang! DWM interviews The Snowmen's stars, Neve McIntosh (Silurian warrior Madame Vastra), Catrin Stewart (Jenny, Vastra's companion) and Dan Starkey (Strax the Sontaran) and discovers what it's like to be part of the Doctor's Victorian 'Scooby Gang'!
- Look to the Future, Now! Doctor Who's head writer and executive producer Steven Moffat takes DWM readers on an episode-by-episode guide to the next series of eight adventures, set for broadcast in 2013 – only in Production Notes!
- That was the Year that Was! 2012 brought thrills as well as sadness – and some brilliant new episodes of Doctor Who. DWM turns back the clock to the start of the year to relive the highlights of the last 12 months in The DWM Review of 2012.
- The Eight Legs of Christmas! The Time Team get into the festive mood, travel back to Christmas 2006, and watch the Tenth Doctor have an adventure with Donna Noble for the very first time. What will Chris, Emma, Michael and Will make of The Runaway Bride... ?
- Twisted Imagination! School friends Amelia Pond and Rory Williams encounter a scary Santa and his evil elves – can their young chum Mels save them? Find out in Imaginary Enemies, written by Scott Gray with art by Mike Collins.
- Oh Yes It Is! Christmas is the panto season – and to celebrate this beloved British tradition, the Watcher explores how pantomime's influence can be found throughout Doctor Who's history. Oh yes it can!
- Happy Anniversary! DWM takes a nostalgic look back to Doctor Who's silver anniversary in 1988, and a season that featured Daleks, Cybermen, creepy clowns and the Kandy Man, in Countdown to 50!
- The Best Year Ever! Next year will be the most exciting time to be a fan ever! But which year has been the best so far? 1983 or 2005? Johnny Candon and Toby Hadoke argue it out in A Battle of Wits.
- Two Doctors For Christmas! David Morrissey is The Next Doctor! The Fact of Fiction looks back on Christmas 2008's memorable Tenth Doctor adventure, and talks to writer Russell T Davies, who reveals hitherto unknown secrets about the seasonal show.
- Quizzes and Puzzles! Try your luck in DWM's competitions and crosswords, to win amazing prizes from the latest Blu-ray release to deluxe CD box sets! And then engage your brain, and prepare to have your knowledge tested to the limit, in The Watcher's Fiendishly Festive Christmas Quiz!
- Between The Lines! The Watcher investigates the curious case of the scenes we never see, champions another supporting artist of the month, and challenges readers with the Six Faces of Delusion in Wotcha!
PLUS! Three free collectable art cards featuring the Doctor, Clara, and Vastra/Strax, all the latest official news, the latest DVDs, books and CDs reviewed, sneak previews of forthcoming merchandise, a cryptic preview of the new-look TARDIS interior, and much, much more!