The Wand Company have revealed that a limited edition of their latest Sonic Screwdriver will be on sale exclusively on the BBC America Booth at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, prior to general release.
The Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver Remote Control is a brand new, hero prop replica which is a recreation of the Sonic Screwdriver used by Peter Capaldi in Series 8 of Doctor Who. A limited run of 168 laser-etched numbered Sonics will be available exclusively to purchase on the BBC America booth (#4129) for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con (8th-12th July 2015) prior to general sale from 7th September from BBCShop.com
The new Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver is a fully functioning gesture-based universal remote control which can control your TV and other home entertainment equipment. Learning the gestures and programming the Sonic Screwdriver is easy, and the intuitive gestures allow the user to become the Doctor. Flick it open and the clasps extend with a satisfying clunk; press the grip mounted button for instant light and sound action or use the Any-TV-Off function just for fun!
The Twelfth Sonic has been made in direct response to the huge number of requests that The Wand Company received from fans all over the world asking for an extending version of their famous Eleventh Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver.
Chris Barnardo, co-founder of The Wand Company says
- 1:1 scale replica of the Series 8 Sonic Screwdriver hero prop
- Highly authentic flick-to-extend action
- Grip-mounted action button
- Press and hold button to make Sonic buzz and tip light in FX Mode
- Any-TV-off function that turns off any television at the press of a button, without having to program the Sonic first
- Stores up to 39 remote control commands
- Customisable personal lock code
- Ivory-coloured handle with subtle fleck
- Redesigned copper-plated handle end
- Gallifreyan stand for vertical presentation
- 12 new secret Morse-coded Twelfth Doctor phrases
- 12 different sonic screwdriver sound effects