The range is being produced in partnership with BBC Worldwide, who will be promoting each book through their Facebook and YouTube channels. The series launches next Monday with the author of the first book being announced on Facebook, with a promotional video appearing on YouTube the following Friday.
Each author will then continue to be announced on Facebook on the first Monday of the month, with a video on YouTube on the 11th.
Juliet Matthews, Publisher, Penguin Children's, said:
Penguin Children's has been the proud home of children's Doctor Who publishing for eight years and to be part of the 50th anniversary is incredibly exciting. We are delighted to have eleven sensational children's authors involved in the series, all bringing an individual style, imagination and interpretation to their eshort tribute to The Doctor. This is a who's who of children's fiction coming together to celebrate the much-loved Doctor Who.The books will be published online through Penguin itself, the iBookstore and Amazon.
In addition, the anniversary itself will see all eleven adventures released together as a single book anthology.
Other books during 2013: Other Penguin Children’s books relating to Doctor Who this year include:
- Doctor Who: Puffin Eshorts (January – November)
- Doctor Who: Anniversary Sticker Book (4th April, Paperback)
- Doctor Who: Where’s the Doctor? (4th April, Paperback Reissue)
- Doctor Who: Official Annual 2014 (1st August, Hardback)
- Doctor Who: Lost in Space (5th September, Hardback)
- Doctor Who: The Essential Guide to Fifty Years of Doctor Who (October, Hardback)
- Doctor Who: Anniversary Anthology (November, Paperback)