It’s great for people to be able to hear the voice on set. The way I say my lines does change depending on how David, Chris, or Matt say their lines to me. The Daleks actually being there makes such a difference. Much of the time, the cast is acting against silver balls on sticks, in front of a green screen, but Daleks move around, flash their lights, speak like they want to kill you, like a voice from hell
Also in the magazine
- He’s one of the best-loved and most respected authors in the world – and now he’s written a Doctor Who book. Michael Moorcock talks to DWM about his new novel The Coming of the Terraphiles – plus there's also an exclusive extract.
- Toby Haynes, director of the 2010 series finale, concludes his exclusive Director’s Diary and tells DWM how Doctor Who changed his life.
- Tokyo’s children are turning into Axons – and the Doctor, Amy and UNIT are involved in a breathtaking fight for their lives! All in the second part of the DWM comic strip The Golden Ones, by Jonathan Morris with art by Martin Geraghty.
- What do the Eleventh Doctor, Jo Grant and K9 have in common? They’re all in the fourth series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, which is back on TV in October. DWM previews all twelve new episodes and talks to all the writers – Russell T Davies, Phil Ford, Joseph Lidster, Rupert Laight, Gareth Roberts and Clayton Hickman.
- The Doctor and his companions appreciate the gravity of the situation as they leap around on the Moon and encounter the sinister Cybermen! The Fact of Fiction scrutinizes the 1967 adventure The Moonbase and extracts a wealth of information from this classic Second Doctor tale.
- DWM presents the ultimate guide to the men of steel – the Cybermen. Discover how they’ve evolved over the decades, as the Watcher reveals everything you need to know – and some surprising secrets, about one of the Doctor’s most persistent foes.
- He’s back. Former UNIT Captain Mike Yates has returned to action alongside the Fourth Doctor in the new audio series Demon Quest. DWM catches up with the man who plays him, actor Richard Franklin, and finds out what he thinks about Yates’ comeback – and his opinion of Doctor Who today.
- Doctor Who’s showrunner Steven Moffat provides some clues as to what adventures lie in store for the Doctor, Amy and Rory, and has the last word on what the next season should be called – in Production Notes.