As reported earlier this week BBC Worldwide is to launch a band new Live arena tour of the UK.
Developed in association with Doctor Who’s Executive Producer and show runner, Steven Moffat, Doctor Who Live promises the same excitement, adventure and suspense that viewers have come to expect from the TV programme and will feature specially filmed new video scenes.
Opening in wartime London and concluding in an epic onstage battle, audiences should expect the unexpected as the The Doctor’s arch-enemies the Daleks are joined by some of the best-loved and most terrifying monsters from the TV series including the Cybermen, Weeping Angels, Judoon and Oods to name but a few.
Doctor Who Live will feature special FX, optical illusions and spectacular pyrotechnics building to an epic finale. Specially edited video clips, drawn from the TV Programme will be shown on a massive screen and accompanied by the music of longtime Doctor Who composer Murray Gold. These iconic scores will be brought to life by a 16 piece orchestra live on stage.
NB: Actors from the TV series will NOT be appearing live on stage.
- London Wembley Arena: 8-10 October 2010
- Sheffield Arena: 12-13 October 2010
- Glasgow SECC: 14-17 October 2010
- Birmingham NIA: 18-20 October 2010
- Manchester Evening News Arena: 22-24 October 2010
- Nottingham Trent FM Arena: 25-26 October 2010
- Cardiff International Arena: 28-31 October 2010
- Liverpool Echo Arena: 2-3 November 2010
- Belfast Odyssey Arena: 6-7 November 2010
Tickets will go on sale 9am Friday 21st May 2010 and are priced at £38.50, £34.50 and £25.00 subject to booking fees. For the Belfast Odyssey Arena only tickets are priced at £42.50, £37.50 & £27.50 as booking fees and agency commissions are included in the ticket price.
Full details on www.doctorwholive.com