Bookmark and Share BBC Denies Tennant Leaving

12/28/2006 11:41:00 pm - Reported by Chuck Foster


December 28, 2006  •  Posted By Chuck Foster
The BBC have issued a statement reported by the Press Association to refute any decisions made by cast or crew over the fourth series of Doctor Who.

Reported by BBC NewsCBBCicWalesPress Association24dashManchester Evening News.
Dr Who bosses have denied claims that star David Tennant is to quit the show - but said a fourth series featuring the Scot as the Timelord has not yet been ordered.

Reports claimed Tennant, 35, would leave in the middle of the fourth series of the sci-fi drama, due to begin filming next year - sparking a hunt for the 11th Timelord after less than two years in the role.

But a BBC spokeswoman said that no fourth series had even been commissioned yet and negotiations with the star would not begin until it had been given the green light.

"David is absolutely committed to the show and is currently filming the third series," said a BBC spokeswoman today.

"There is no fourth series currently commissioned yet so we could not confirm his involvement in that yet.

"David Tennant is committed to the series. When a further series is commissioned, we will be able to confirm his involvement."